• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

My Mustang II with Folding Wings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blainepga

Join Date May 2011 Location Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Posts 14

New member from Phoenix, AZ

I am Blaine Anderson and I live in the Phoenix, AZ area (Queen Creek). Attached are pictures of the jig I designed for the center section and wings. This allows me to adjust my work area as needed. The adjusters on the engine stands allow me to properly level my work. I have started building a Mustang II with folding wings. I will be using an auto conversion. This is a GM Ecotec LSJ 2.0L supercharged engine with 205 hp and 200 ft lbs of torque all in between 3000 - 4000 rpm. With a PSRU at 1.6 reduction, this will give a prop rpm of 1875 to 2500. In about 6 weeks I will have performance figures for another configuration similar to mine. I am not at liberty to release them yet, but they are outstanding. I can tell you that fuel gph are at least a 30% improvement over an O-360 with fuel injection. Anyone can contact me at [email protected] or 480-463-7365.​

Last edited by blainepga; May 21st, 2011 at 07:56 PM.​

Last edited:
Back