• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

What's the easiest plans/kits built sheet metal plane for the massively inexperienced

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragon2knight

Seriously, I'm ok with my hands, but never even tried to do anything on a scale this huge before. I have a two car garage at my disposal and can get whatever tools I need. I'm literally starting from scratch here.

I'm a student LSA pilot, btw, 51 y.o., so I know this limits me a bit, and I'm not rich, not by a long shot, so there's that as well. I'm a patient, studious kinda guy who likes to learn as I'm going along, and, as is obvious from this post, prefer metal to all other forms of aircraft. Kit aircraft like Zenith's are completely out of my price range, by like many thousands of bucks, so keep that in mind as well. Finally, I'd like a two seater as my significant other would actually like to join me in my flying life from time to time.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Back