• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

affordable accessible corrosion treatment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

planecrazy J

My Cessna 150f restoration project has begun.I am still in the process of gathering parts then inspecting them and corrosion seems to be the first enemy to be encountered.Most of my treasured parts are affected by various degrees of corrosion.Peeling of paint, white powery surfaces and sometimes thru and thru penetration.Where i,m loctaed aviation supplies are hard to come by so i,ll have to rely on alternatives. Plz for some answers to these question
1. What are the first steps do i take to arrest this destructive reaction?
2. How do i completely treat corrosion.
3. Can rust remover for mild steel be used on aluminum sheets?
4. Anti rust paint containing zinc chromate be used .
5. Any other usable material can be obtain from the hardware store?
I really need to save these parts.BB, Bruce and the other fellas thanks again.​

Back