+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314 LastLast

Thread: CH 750 WOW!!!

Re: CH 750 WOW!!!

Thanks, Jim. They're going to remove a cervical disc they repaired fours years ago, and fuse two of my vertebrae together. Total recuperation may take longer than January, but I'll be able to do light work by then. I was functioning pretty much normally six weeks after they repaired two of my cervical discs back in 2005.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

Lets hope its that quick... Could be if the doc is good.

I'm fused from L3 to L5-S1 with 6 screws, 3 rods, and 2 cages still in there. Had to wear the hard 'clam shell' girdle for 10 weeks..

I'll be praying and rooting for ya!
    Jim

------------------------------------------------
    Express 2000FT (hopeful - Again)

Ouch.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

Sorry I missed this comment, Go to the Fly Corvair website he sells two different types. Aeromax also sells one.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by mcjon77 View Post
    Other than Dan Wessman (of "Cleanex" fame), who else is manufacturing 5thbearings? How many hours have these 5th bearing cranks had in the air? Are any in the 100+ range yet? The last time I checked Dan had 20-40 hours on his cleanex.

Jon

Hi everyone,

I'm planning on going to the rudder workshop to start building a 750. Rhino (or any others), what are your impressions of the 750 kit so far? Any problems with holes lining up, manuals, etc? Hope the surgery goes well for ya.

Kevin, I saw your post in the Corvair forum about the lightweight engine from Magnificent Machines. Any ideas if some of the carbon fiber lightweight pieces (oil pan/valve covers) would work on a Wynne conversion?

Any other advice aobut going to the workshop?

Thanks

They will fit. There have been some reservations about the carbon fiber with regard to heat. I know that it has been used in motorcycle racing for a long time, in applications that expose it to hot oil. I guess time will tell.
    John Croke, the guy who makes the home built help videos says very good things about the 750 kits... make me a little jealous, heck the 701 kit builders make me a little jealous :^) But we do what we can, I am having a ball building from plans though!
    Never been to a work shop so I can't comment.

Kevin

Thanks for the info Kevin. The lightweight of the carbon fiber is intriguing but I like the proven reliability of the William Wynne products. I think I'm going to order his manual and find out if the old Corvair engine we have will work for an Aero conversion.

How's you 701 coming? I don't think I'd be ready to plans-build anything at this point but am looking forward to the process of building the 750 kit. My Dad and I built a Just Aircraft Escapade and had a good time with that. Sheet metal will be new. Jon Croke only lives about a 1/2 hour from me so I will stop by and pick up some info from him before I go to the workshop.

Are you putting a Corvair in your 701?

Justin

Hi guys, I have to say; this is a great thread!!! I think that I have made my decision too. I'm gonna do the 750. I am in the process of creating an original design, but; it's years away from a complete design. I don't want to wait any more!! Here's a couple of questions though. Has anybody ever seen a 701, 750, 801 converted to a tail wheel? Does anybody know what the electric flap actuator wheighs? I would have to think a simple hand lever would save some pounds and be just as effective. I'll be attending the rudder workshop in Jan., anybody else from here going?

The older 701 (plans built) had a taildragger build option. Don't know if it still does. Same with the flaps -- originally the 701 had a flaps hand lever... the electric was/is an option, ....if my memory hasn't deteriorated too much.

There is a taildragger option for the 701. It doesn't come with the plans/kit but the option is available from Zenith, IIRC.

Here are some pictures of a tailwheel 701:

STOL CH 701 Photo Gallery #19 - Flying the European Alps (skis, tail-wheel)

I have seen a few other tailwheel 701's, but they are not as cute as this one.
    Jon McDonald
    Building Sonex #1287

Jim

Is that wrinkles in the top of the wing?

Sure looks like he stresses the heck outta them wings, dont it?
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by bmcj View Post
    Is that wrinkles in the top of the wing?
    Yep, it's only 0.016" aft of the spar. Heavy Duty Reynolds aluminium foil. But on this wing it doesn't do much more than replace the fabric.
    "Aeronautical engineering is highly educated guessing, worked out to five decimal places. Fred Lindsley, Airspeed."

I wonder what that red and white one has under the cowl... I've never seen a descent looking cowl on a 701 before that one.

+ Reply to Thread