• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

wet wing fuel tank

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pilotsailing

I am in the process of building a Sonerai Stretch . The plans have a fuel tank behind the instrument panel but it only holds 10 gallons. I have been thinking about using the wings as long range fuel tanks. I don't want to add any unnecessary weight. The plans call for wing skins of .025 and .025 ribs with rivet spacing of every 2 inches. If I close up the rivet spacing to 1 inch will .025 be thick enough to carry fuel? There is about 8 inches between ribs and I want to carry the fuel aft of the spar, so the tank length would be about 30 inches. If necessary I could go to .032 but this adds about 7 - 10 lbs

Back