• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Spinner size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s10sakota

Hi all,

I just ordered plans for a Hummelbird. No, I'm not going to build a hummelbird though. Hmmm....

I am building a Hummelbird 'look-alike'. As far as I can tell from the messin' around I've been doing on the computer, my plane will be about 10% larger with the tail surfaces another 10% larger. The canopy is lowered 5% and the nose is streched 5% and the tail (from the canopy back) stretched 10%. I will use the 80 horse GP VW engine and the plane will wear a tall set of tricycle gear. Also, the wing center sections will be shortened so it sticks out about 1 foot from the fuse. The idea is that I want to design it so I can take the wings off and trailor it to the airport - a good idea since I just sold my hangar!!

I've attached a highly modified digital pic of what my plane should look like. I've becom e quite good at messing around with photos! The photo isn't that good of quality but you get the idea. Comments welcome (about the plane).

So, my question is about the spinner. I've found a 13" spinner on a site on the internet, I'm wondering what other sources of spinners are out there? I'm not sure how large of a spinner I will need.

Any help?

Thanks,

Mark

Attachments

• cool with high gear.jpg
    cool with high gear.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 878
Back