• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Davis Da-2 Spar Substitutions in 6061 and short span extensions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

douglasloeb3d

First Post!

Been lurking for years. So many talented and knowledgable folks on here. Thanks for the education.

I am now in the planning phase of starting my first build. I fell in love with the da-2a.

What I am curious about is spar substitiutions, regarding using 6061 instead of the 2024 for the spar.

I have found a few mentions of it, but cant get any concrete answers on the size increase necessary to accomodate this change.

I am interested in also trying to build under LSA regs if possible, by installing short span extensions, and any other mods to lower the stall speed.

Has anyone documented these changes, or sucessfully reg'd as an LSA. I can hope.

-Doug

Back