• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Blind rivet construction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dicel87

I've been to a Sportair workshop and got some experience with dimpling and solid rivets but I am very interested in building a CH-650.

As I look at the construction using the blind rivets, Zenith has you use a special head in the puller to turn the flush head rivet into a dome shaped one.

My question is this...would dimpling the skins and using an unmodified rivet puller head to achieve a flush rivet be acceptable? Seems that it would improve the "bond" of the sheets (since the dimples sit inside each other) and also improve the aesthetics (which of course is subjective). Probably not going to do much for reducing drag...or would it?

Back