• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Dutch Fokker CX 1936 Part project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Stalenberg

Good Evening Classic Aircraftfriends/Forum Members

Because i,m new to this forum I would like to introduce myself first to you all.
My name is Paul Stalenberg and i,m 38 and a Car panel beater from proffesion.
I live in Purmerend in the Netherlands and my hobby's are aircraft moddeling .
The part that I am building is a part project from the Fokker CX.
The aircraft is built for the MLM Soesterberg in the Netherlands.
This will be a static model.
The reason for me to write and show some pictures of my work to you all,is the hope to learn a lot from you all so that I can grow in this kind of work and perhaps the possibility to get into this world of aircraft building/restoration.
The part that i,m involved in are the panels surrounding the M.G that was used by the observer behind the pilot.
I have started by making a wooden Form/Buck out of an original factory drawing and used the crosssections to set out the form in plywood formers.
After that was done i filled in several preticular places with filling blocks to create a hammerform.
This to make it myself easyer and secure same form/radii on both sides.
A lot of sawing,forming and sanding was done to achive this.
I have just started with the first forming job in the Aluminium.
The material i use is 3003 H14 alloy about 0.9 mm thickness.
Because i have no power tools such as an Eckold/powerhamer or any of these, i use a sandbag and some mallets to form the rough shape.
I do have an English wheel that i can use for the smooting job is possible and otherwise old fashion metal finishing will be applied.
I hope some of you like it and that it is good enough to stand behind all of the beautiful work that is shown on this forum by all of you.

Many Greetings Paul Stalenberg

Please take a look at the MlM website to see the complete project building progress of the Dutch Fokker C.X at

http://www.militaireluchtvaartmuseu...98//collectie/restauratieprojecten/fokker_c_x

Last edited:
Back