• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Propeller Carving- How To Guide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickhelsper

Hello,

I have several copies of an instructional essay on how to carve wooden propellers using the all power tool method. The description of this CD is pasted below. I am asking 19.99 per copy. These are BRAND NEW and have never been opened. Please contact me at [email protected] for additonal information.

This book is also provided by Aircraft Spruce and Specialty Co. A beautiful full-colored picture of a scimitar shaped wooden propeller (used on a model A Ford powered Pietenpole Air Camper) that was carved using this method can be found on the aircraft spruce website here:
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/bvpages/propellercarving.php

Thanks,

~Nick Helsper

Propeller Carving- The All Power Tool Method instructional essay provides the homebuilder with the knowledge necessary to construct a beautiful, custom wood propeller in a fraction of the time it takes to hand carve a propeller. Using the all power tool method of propeller carving, the craftsman will use an electric chain saw, an angle grinder, and a small orbital sander, for 98% of the operation. This practical essay boils down the construction process to a simple and straight forward procedure. You will say to yourself at every stage of the carving process, “I can do that.”

Propeller Carving - The All Power Tool Method, contains detailed, step-by-step, easy-to-follow instructions and commentary, with forty-two high quality pictures and diagrams (sixty-three printed pages in all). This is not a video.

This essay is geared toward homebuilders who know virtually nothing about propeller carving. The essay outlines the author’s successes, mistakes, and specifies exactly what to do and what not to do. It is available now, on CD in PDF format.

Last edited:
Back