+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Long ez plans (COPYS)

Long ez plans (COPYS)

purely for educational purposes, could someone send me correct scale plans? It would be used to compare the different canards to see which one would be the simplest to build, maintain, fly, and for structural integrity and aerodynamics. I am thinking about either the long ez or the Mark III. Any help is appreciated, David

AVI

Re: Long ez plans (COPYS)

Quote Originally Posted by david123 View Post
    purely for educational purposes, could someone send me correct scale plans? It would be used to compare the different canards to see which one would be the simplest to build, maintain, fly, and for structural integrity and aerodynamics. I am thinking about either the long ez or the Mark III. Any help is appreciated, David
    David, there is no free lunch ... complete sets of LongEZ plans, even copies, sell for hundreds of dollars. RAF no longer supports the LongEZ so whether an aircraft is built from original plans or from copies makes no difference - Just don't call it a "Rutan LongEZ."

Google Rutan disc - there is a commercial disc available for a few hundred bucks that contains the plans for all the Rutan aircraft, including newsletters. What is missing, however, is a complete set of bulkhead drawings, so the plans found on the disc are not buildable.

There is a solution - the OpenEZ project - Google it.

There was also an open set of plans for a Cozy clone available a couple of years ago.

IMHO a plans-built LongEZ would be "the simplest to build, maintain, fly, and for structural integrity and aerodynamics." Maybe that's why there are so many of them flying and so many more presently under construction.

If you're serious about obtaining a set of LongEZ plans, PM me ... might be able to help.
    Iceman

Quote Originally Posted by david123 View Post
    I am thinking about either the long ez or the Mark III. Any help is appreciated, David
    When and if the Canardzone site comes back up, you can download the Open-EZ plans. Burt does not really care if builders copy his plans. He is happy not to have the liability.

I owned a Cozy III. It's an OK airplane if you are a light person. If you weigh over, say, 185, you might not be happy with it. Heavy crew in the front seats have a big effect on T/O and landing. The advantage of a Cozy III over a Long-EZ is that you can carry some bags but the LEZ is a faster airplane. They cost the same to build.
    Kent
    -Cozy Mk IV - flying, Long-EZ - 99.9%, BD-5 o-t-g

You can download a copy of the templates here;

http://www.iflyez.com/DOWNLOAD/Open-EZDrawingsRev5.zip

Waiter
    F16 performance on a Piper Cub budget
    LongEZ, 160hp, MT CS Prop, Downdraft cooling, Full retract
    visit: www.iflyez.com

+ Reply to Thread