• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Starlite Aircraft for Sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordonr

I am selling a Mark Brown designed Starlite aircraft.

For those of you that do not know, a Starlite is a single seat, single engine, low wing composite aircraft designed to fly at over 100 mph while burning under 3 gph. The Starlite was designed in the early 1980’s by Mark Brown (who went on to design the Pulsar – basically a two seat version of the Starlite).

In early 1984, my father and I constructed a Starlite aircraft kit. Soon after we completed the plane, I accepted a new job and moved to Texas. Shortly after that, my father suffered a heart attack and never really returned to full health. Consequently, the Starlite has never been flown.

My father later modified the Starlite with a tri-gear kit. Dad also built a trailer that would allow him to take the plane out to the grass field airport, taxi it around, then load it up and return it to his workshop. Except for the occasional taxing, the Starlite has basically sat in Dad’s workshop for the past 25 years.

The Starlite is equipped with a Rotax 447 free air engine; it has a composite IVO Prop three (3) bladed adjustable propeller, altimeter, airspeed, tach, dual EGT / CHT gauges and an hour meter. There are 30 hours of running time on the Rotax engine.

The trailer is included with the sale of the Starlite.

More pictures may be viewed at: www.flickr.com/photos/05pete

For more information please contact;

Jordon Reif
2394 Heidi Drive
Oxford, MI 48370
586-246-3475
[email protected]

Attachments

• Dad in Starlite email size.jpg
    Dad in Starlite email size.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 4,104
  • R Front View.jpg