• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Astrostrike “Lightning Protection” material, .99 Pure Aluminum mesh, .006 thickness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flysafe

For years I have read threads (including here) with builders searching for “Lightning Strike” protection material. It has been my belief that this was only available to the aerospace industry i.e. NASA, Boeing, Bell-Textron, etc...

On Wed. 7.9.08, thru proper means, I (just a regular guy) was blessed with opportunity to acquire 2232sq. ft. of “Astrostrike” lightning protection material.
Link>> http://www.astrosealproducts.com/

This stunning .99 pure aluminum mesh is packaged on 36.5 inch wide rolls, assuming .05in. for overlay, Per Astrostrike-- All Astrostrike products come cleaned, annealed (hardened) and coated with a corrosion resistant primer. Because of this processing, the product is "bond ready".

I purchased this material from Bell Helicopter, My purchase included four original unopened boxes, and one box has a small cutaway for visual inspection. Included documentation - original invoice (Feb. 06) stating log#, lot#, batch#, DOM, etc... Also a Certification of Conformance data sheet stating Chemical Composition %, Physical Tests, and initialed by Kenneth A. Grass / President.

FWIW, after my purchase two comments were made to me, 1) "This may be overage from the Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey project"……..WOW!, 2) "Thought the orig. cost was approx. $12sq. ft., may be more now with cost of aluminum doubling in two years"…….WOW!

I will keep enough for my “someday” project and share the rest. I feel $5sq. ft. is a fair price for this “Holy Grail” material. Each box has diff. sq. ft. – 225, 627, 681, and 699. I can sell whole rolls or by the liner ft. (99sq. ft. min.)

I can try to answer questions and provide photos via email, Steve [email protected]

Shipping will be actual cost from 76012, plus allow $8 for box and packing.
Will accept personal check (ship after clearing) or PayPal via email (add 3% to cover fees).

Back