• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hummel bird prototype

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tod Files

I built a hummelbird, but had many problems. The result is a complete, but non flying project, complete except motor. It is a great way to see the product pysically complete, while building the flyable version. It would be a huge help to a first time builder. Hard to go from blueprints to bent metal, with no errors.

This is truckable in a pickup with the wings off, folded back alongside.

The plane has a canopy and gear with tires on. The plane is located 40 miles west of Pendleton, OR on I-84.

I will GIVE this plane away to a good home! My goal was to learn how an airplane is built. I met my goal. Now it is my pleasure to pass along what I can to another builder.

My current phone is 208-259-3545. E-mail is [email protected]

Back