• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

BD-5 Kit - for sale - long wings - 1% assembled.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arrowhot

In the mid 70's my father bought a BD-5 kit, and like most others, never received an engine.
Dad's 95 now, and he said I could sell the kit. I'm in the process of retrieving all the boxes from our basement (I live with him now).
He has all the original plans, parts, correspondence, newsletters etc.
The only part he attempted to assemble was a section of the fuselage. I'll post a photo after I get some taken, but basically its a small portion with a few rivets and possibly some cleco's. He didn't plan to go much further in assembly until he received an engine - which never came.
Most everything is in the original boxes, untouched.

I did ask about wing length, and yes, this is the LONG wing version of the BD-5. He said "I wanted the long wings because the short wings provided no visible means of support". Smart move Dad!

I plan to bring the boxes up out of the basement where they have been kept dry all these years. They all appear to be in good condition.
One exception was a small box of wing ribs (what they look like anyway). The box was water damaged, but the ribs are aluminum and appear pristine.

Any questions, feel free to ask here and I'll post a response - and some photos as soon as I get a round tuit.

Cheers,
Gil - Albuquerque, NM

Back