+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RADIAL ENGINE

RADIAL ENGINE

Hi all , Thanks to all who responded I'm now past the point that I need a radial engine any longer................Dave

Brand new to your site, looks like a "Going" concern.

I need to find a Radial engine (close to complete) for a proposed hombuilt.

Some examples would be: The 220 Continental. The Jacobs engine (either size). One of my favorites, The R-680 Lycoming (Either hp)
    And last but not least, the smaller Wright motors.

I really don't need anything in excess of 300 HP but if the price were right (really, right) and I could find enough parts available to feel comfortable, even the R- 985 Pratt and Whitney, would work.

Thanks to you all for reading,
    Last edited by wilga12; November 21st, 2004 at 09:18 PM.

Cool Kinner Radial Engine.

In regards to your post for a radial engine :
    I have a Kinner R-540 (R-5-2) 160 HP engine for sale.
    It is zero time SMOH Many new parts. All acessories.
    Can furnish specs and pics.
    $ 10,000.00
    760-9853536 any time
    w6cap@earthlink.net
    CAP.
    CAP.

Thanks for the post, CAP

A Kinner is one I haven't thought of in quite some time, How do you figure the "Parts" availability to be? You should have a good idea depending on just how long ago the overhaul was done ?? The fuselage situation that I was going to use just kinda fell through, So I guess I'm now past the point of needing the radial engine. I do appreciate your efforts though.

Adios..................Dave

radial engines

Hi Cap; nxt time you lust for a radial, I have many radials and inline aircraft engines ranging from 70 to 1,000 HP. IF YOU NEED TO "PO BOY" the project, have 2 new (in 1944 ) Tank R670 250 HP radials that have the makings of a prop hub included for $4500 each (dont get excited), but the best choice is a Chinese Housow 285HP 9 cyl radial with prop for $7500 up to $9500 incl ALL accesories. also jacobs; Tigre, Ranger. This Housow engine is almost same as the M14P Russian 380 HP engine but you dont need that over rated engine, although I do have a new one for sale. Good luck and happy landings. marcus at batesfield airpark in sunny west texas. surly building a wilga was a miss-print? think jungmiester. Or jungman .

Marcus,

What were the differences between the tank version of the 670 and the Stearman version? What accessories come with the two you have for sale? How have they been stored? Thanks.

Jake

Tks 4 reply. The main difference is that the Contential R-670 tank engine has a short 30 sae spline shaft rather than a sae 20, and of course the price is the biggest difference. All the assesories come with the engine , Price does not include exhaust nor mount, which is coustomary. Best solution is to use a wood prop ; which I perfer to metal anyhow. I live on batesfield airpark near CAF HQ (midland texas area. You can land on our airport and taxie into our front yard. The 3 jacobs engines might also interest you. Many Duster pilots have adapted this tank engine to the stearman very satisfactorily since they used to cost less than $250 and are strong engines identical to the 20 sae shaft except that the shaft end extending thru the nose case is different as noted. I will more fully explain it all to you in due course. Good luck and happy landings. The FAA sucks. marcus The Greater. Aerobatics in a Jungmiester is my cup of tea.

+ Reply to Thread