• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Insurance. What do you have? What do I need? Where should I get it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CALL911

Well, still awaiting some paperwork to make it through, but hoping to purchase my first experimental in less than a months time (Aero Falcon XP).

I am planning on taking it for its first flight at a local airport, and they want me to have insurance for it. I thought I remembered seeing if you were an AOPA member you could get yearly insurance for something like $65 for a year, but I could be completely wrong here.

Just wondering how many of you who own an experimental class airplane have insurance, and who you reccomend, and if possible, what I should expect to pay.

Back