• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

acro inverted skydive

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgnunn

..wasnt sure where to post this..

Anyone on here ever provide the inverted skydive jump at skydive boogies?

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/gal...yingbecca/Biplane&image=0473477-R1-018-7A.jpg

I am considering addin the t-grip bar during the build as i would like to one day offer this ride [waaay down the rd of course]. Can anyone tell me the do's and don'ts of this type of ride?

Dangers i can think of are; cockpit interior must be snag-free [don't want anything snagging on parachute release handles causing a premature deployment / tail wrap etc.]

=====
Here is a post from a training forum i frequent...rather negative flavor tho:

You're going to be hard pressed to compete with Fred Cabanas.

The T handle needs to be bolted to the rear spar and the attach plates where it bolts to the cabanes., and the rear spar. Having a gorilla swinging from the handle puts loads in every direction, and the gorilla swinging out of the cockpit puts more than 1G load in the handle.

The gorilla also will need the stick removed, and expect to have the throttle kicked and occasionally bent. Gorillas are not gracefull, especially if you roll inverted first.

I have photos, taken from a chase plane, of the first experiments of Pitts inverted flight with a skydiver hanging from the regular hand grip. After a number of jumps were made from that Pitts, the standard wooden grip broke, and I understand that Curtis Pitts' comment was "it wasn't designed for that".

After you spend the 3000hrs required to build your airplane (thats what a Skybolt takes), I'll be surprised if you really subject it to that abuse.

Best of luck.

==============

Last edited:
Back