• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Plans for the comeing year.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Kelly

Howdy All
Well the snow is on the ground and the poor O'l gyro is at least half way under cover anyway...
I have desided to use the wood blades I made this last summer to replace the warp drive blades, at least that is if I can get them ballanced properly...
eather that or I will use the 3 bladded prop I made instead ... but both have to be ballanced and tested so thats a ways off and waiting for better weather.
I have desided to remove all the weight I possably can off the gyro and still be able to call it a gyro ! <GRIN>
...I am even contemplateing removeing the insterment pod , if I do I will just attach the tach and kill switch.
the rest will be left off .
sense I am going to make a new set of rotor blades in the spring I have desided to make them longer than the old ones in the hopes that the extra lift will help get the beastie off the ground.
if I can get as far as taxie testing the gyro again, it will no doubt be an entirely new animal ... being lighter as well as having more rotors...
though I know it will put me back to square one as far as knowing how she handles goes, I think it for the best in the long run....
so I plan on a long refressure course
when I do get it up and running again.
I have been thinking of reduceing more weight by going with cables to the rudder instead of the complicated linkage I have now , there is alot of steel in the linkage and getting rid of it will no doubt help alot.
That and a new tail section are my priorities.... though replaceing that heavy tail section will no doubt make me have to re-do the cheekplates on the mast to get her to haing properly again. but even so I'll have a better bird when I am done I think ...
the only other thing I can think of is BRAKES..... man I need them bad ! but can't afford the weight penility !
so I may just go with a scrub brake on the nose wheel , I dunno yet.
if I get the chance I will try to come up with a seat-tank, though I doubt that will happen.
So thats me plan of getting the beastie going again....
take care all !

Bob........

Back