• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

The Perfect Gyro Copter ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Kelly

I am kind of keeping track of all the things it takes to make a Gyro Copter Work great...
Kind of a Perfect 's List for Gyros
Here is a few things i have picked up that
have impressed themselves in my mind as must haves .....
( Mainly thinking of Ultralight Gyro's here )

1. Must sit low on the ground and the C.O.G. should be as low as possable
2. pilots center of mass should be in the Thrust Line. ( helps prevent PPO )
3. Large Horizonal stablizer to help prevent PIO.
4. Large Rudder airea for control if the engine fails ...
5. Large enough tires to land on dirt feilds
6. Breaks would be Nice !!!
7. Locate the Horizonal Stablizer in the center of the thrust line ( also helps reduce PIO )
8. A Solid feeling craft .... not a kite with a motor on it .
9. Pre Rotator is a Must ! ( helps prevent blade Flap and makes takeoffs shorter )
10. Needs a place for the insterments ...
( alot of gyros have none )

11. Wide stance of the landing gear is important due to the added weight of the rotor above .
12. Very important to have good Ground handleing Charstics !
13. be able to climb at 1500 fpm... or a bit less.

thats about all i can think of at the moment
Can you think of anything that is Needed for the Perfect Gyrocopter ?

Thanks !

Bob.......

Back