• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New Member - Spencer Air Car Amphibian Builder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hombre

Found this discussion group today and immediately wanted to join. I'm rebuilding a 4-place, Spencer Air Car Amphibian S-12-E (kind of like a homebuilt version of a Republic Seabee). I'm always looking for new ideas with my project. Also like having others available to bounce my own ideas off. My Air Car has recently been registered as N388AK. It uses a Chevy 350 ZZ4 engine conversion with a Northwest Aero PSRU and an Ivoprop Magnum Paddle blade, in-flight adjustable/constant speed prop. Have nearly completed the fuselage and hope to begin rebuilding and recovering the wings within a few weeks. I'm using racing and marine technology in my plane wherever it adds safety or convenience to the project. Always willing to discuss my project with anyone who is curious about the Air Car. Hope to have the plane flying this spring after the ice melts.
Thanks for making this forum available.

Back