• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Subrau powerd JN4D Replica, Glass Goose

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

open to constructive critizum

• Direct drive

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Landing gear update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flaps, not Flaperons

• Propeller size, Pitch

• Direct drive

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Landing gear update

• Flaps, not Flaperons

• Propeller size, Pitch

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pappy Bob

;) Pappy Bob: Subrau powered JN4D Replica, and Glass goose, The JN4D Replica has been checked for Datum balance, we are real close with minor adjustments, I took out an 100lb system and am installing a Turbo EA-82 with a direct drive at approx. 128 lbs. I moved the front cockpit (PIC) to the rear hole, The center of gravity had been in front, as a single seat. Now it will be back seat pilot in command like the origional, this gives me room to fly another person and also to teach those seeking Tail dragger lessons. I was a Bush Pilot for 7 years on the west coast of Canada after I spent 3 years in Vietnam. I have had several planes, But now I`m settling into some of the good ole seat of the pants flying, and more low and slower to enjoy my retirement. As I build my "Jenny" I am gonna keep folks posted and am open for constructive critizum, After all were all in this for getting airborne and our feet back on the ground safely. Respectfully, "Pappy Bob"

Back