• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

S-51

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damian

just registered :ban: , but have been browsing for a few months. i'm dead set on building a p-51 replica. but there's a problem!

i started with the midget mustang idea. After looking at prices of a midtime 0-200, I'd rather use a 400-500+ hp auto engine. v8, probably chevy (havent found a reduction drive for ford yet). this would mean a much bigger plane. not only would i be able to break 200 mph cruise, but it would give me a two place plane with dual controls.

hahn_01.jpg

beautiful! The S-51 is basically perfect, if the man who designed it didn't sell the plans. I don't think the company that owns the rights now is doing anything with them.

I know there are wood kits out there, but they have a 125 mph cruise, plus i want to stick with an all metal construction.

If anybody knows how to get plans to this plane through this company, Precision Aero Engineering, or from somebody who bought plans before the rights were sold please let me know. Or if there is another WWII era fighter in ~3/4 scale that would fit my ideas with the auto engine..

Back