• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Greetings from a late bloomer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6prop

Hello, I've been lurking around for a little bit and decided to be a part of the group if for no other reason than to have the ability to ask a question or two from time to time.

I started training for my PPL back in 99 but never completed because of a growing family and a new home under construction that I was contracting myself. Most of my flight time was in 172's fixed and RG but I did get some time in on a Comanche twin (nice plane to fly as I remember). From the start I wanted to build my own plane someday and I spent more than one evening sketching out dreams and reading all I could on Kit Planes. Since I backed away from flying I have spent my hobby time building and modifying automobiles instead.

Now that the kids are older, I will soon have just two teens left at home and my thoughts have returned to flying. I plan on going back to flight school to get my PPL, CPL, and CFI. Ideally this would put me in a position to help some family members and friends get into the sport and give me more opportunities to be in the air.

As far as a home built plane for personal use goes, something along the lines of the Velocity Twin concept would be about perfect for me. Something similar with room for six would be even better should it come along. I'm a few years out from starting any new projects so who knows what may be available when the time comes. I may even venture into a one off design at some point. In the meantime I will be around here trying to catch up and asking a few questions.

-Scott

Back