• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

yet another new dreamer...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdskoog

...sends greetings from central Indiana. My name is Duane and I have been lurking around this forum for the past few weeks gathering protocol info. I found the link to this forum while doing power plant research. In a short time it became obvious this site is the real deal, knowledgeable and civilized. Just shortly after my 49th birthday (5 months ago) I realized the big 5-0 is knocking on the door and I am running real short on "somedays" so if I'm going to build the darn thing now is the time. I'm a production designer by trade and I have finally settled down off the road enough to start a long-term building project. I've built a version of most things with wheels (motorcycles, cars, farm equipment, etc) but this will be my first project that's suppose to leave the ground on purpose.

I'm working on a scaled warbird. It is an 82% Stuka-G tank-buster. I couldn't find any kits and I'm not much of a kit person anyway so I've been working on the design myself in AutoCAD. My son is a systems engineer for General Dynamics in the satellite area and he and some of his aircraft development buddies are willing to double check Dad's math so I think I've got some significant "smoking hole" prevention in place and I hope to do right by Mr. Junkers design. The design as it stands now will be of wood/composite a la the WAR Replica construction mode. I"ve been building scenic elements out of those materials for years and very comfortable with the techniques. Besides I don"t want to take on the learning curve of an English Wheel. I look forward to picking the brains around here. Cheers!

Duane

Ps. To you recent younger newbies whose intros I just read. Stick with it; you'll be amazed how quickly you can spend your "somedays", LOL!!!

Last edited:
Back