• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Corvair/Sonex "Cleanex" Builder/Pilot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daleandee

Been lurking on this site for a while and recently joined so I could take part in the learning, building, and flying conversations on here.

A few years ago I, with the help of a building mentor, completed a Corvair powered, tail wheel Sonex air frame. I had previously owned an Aerovee powered tri-gear Sonex and it was great fun but certainly needed more horses. The 3.0 Corvair is very smooth and has abundant power for the Sonex.

I've also owned a CGS Hawk (single seat) and a Challenger Clip Wing Special (2 place).

Builder's log for my "Cleanex" (name given to a Corvair powered Sonex) is here:

ExperCraft Simple Log: Sonex # 1319

Latest video is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0afcagd70UE

Dale Williams
N319WF @ 6J2
Myunn - "daughter of Cleanex"
120 HP - 3.0 Corvair
Tail Wheel - Center Stick
Signature Finish 2200 Paint Job
98.3 hours / Status - Flying
KITPLANES Newsline