• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hi There!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ms_aerovelo

Hi all, my name is Andrea and I live here in Melbourne, Australia.

I am an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical) by trade for the last 20 odd years and we have decided tto design and build our own aircraft, from scratch ;)

My partner is a mechanical engineer and I have recently started my Aerospace Engineering degree again (already have 2 years done...) and I am currently working for a company designing and building a new aircraft type in the experiment flight test side of things...

I have also been known to fly recreationally and my partner is learning to fly...

Hopefully between the two of us and the information and brains trust here we can develop something simple, achievable and cost effective and most importantly safe!

We are looking at a high wing, tandem seat aircraft design, fabric and 4130 steel fuse with aluminum tubing in the wings, not unlike a Rans style of aircraft, but designed ourselves. Our intent is to be able to fly cross country to various places here in Australia...so range and MTOW is a little more important than any aerobatic capability!

Anyways...that's why I am here in a nutshell...look forwards to talking to you all :)

Back