• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New Member Thank you

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Clapp

Thank you to Homebuiltairplanes.com for your welcome to this forum.

My name is Bill Clapp and I am the CEO and owner of Azalea Aviation LLC in Valdosta Ga. azaleaaviation.com
The last few months we have been looking for a forum site that would meet some of our needs in responding to some of the questions we get and allow us to open some of products to the aviation community. We were also looking for a forum that would give us positive and critical feedback about some of our ideas and plans. We hope that this is a place we can call home.

What do we do? If you visit our website you can see that we are heavily involved in our Corvair Engine conversion and in designing and producing a new aircraft for the experimental community. Our motto of "ingenuity in experimental aviation" describes what we try to do day in and day out in our lives and business. Our method is to use simplified techniques to accomplish product design goals.
Credentials: Graduate of Moody Bible Institute's Aviation Program with A&P, Comercial, Instrument, CFI and Ground instrutor ratings. Have owned and built four experimentals. The latest, The SABERWING, is my own design and completing test phase at this time. We are currently working on a couple more versions. The last three aircraft have been powered by Corvair conversion engines of my own design. I have been providing expertise and help to Corvair engine enthusiasts since 2003 and currently bringing those engines into a semi-productionable state. Azalea Aviation LLC was begun to bring those products to market. As a pilot, I fly behind all the products we build and test. To date I have logged time (thousands of hours) in experimental aircraft including, Davis, most Zenith products, Tailwinds, KRs, Velocity, Longeze, Sonex, and more.. Most of my flight training time was in Cessna 152, 172, 180, 182, 185, 210, T210, and A36 Bonanzas. Right now about half of my flight hours are behind corvair powered airplanes. It is an engine that I am comfortable to fly behind (as with all engines....with caution) and plan to continue flying and testing into the future. As a CFI I have had a unique view into test flying of new airplanes and their owners. It has been a passion of mine to help the new airplane pilots get accustomed to their planes and work with them to become safe pilots. To date I have performed "first" test flights in 22 different airplanes and worked with owner to get them ready to fly them. The majority of these were Corvair powered airplanes. This past year we completed two airplanes - a W8/10 Tailwind and the SABERWING (both sporting our 100 HP engines) and performed first flights. The Tailwind was flown to Oshkosh in July for Airvanture 2014. We strive to help pilots and builders where we can to help with their projects and get them safely into the air.
Our Forum Goals: To meet new people, provide an avenue to answer questions and to learn from others. We hope to be a positive member here and encourage pilots and builders to move forward. I will not be on the forum on a steady basis but will try to answer any questions directed specifically to us or any topic in discussion as able. I spend the majority of my time building, designing, and flying so computer time is a very small part of what I do. Specific questions for me or our products and services should be sent to our business email [email protected].
And again, Thank you.
Bill Clapp

Back