• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Monarch Butterfly gyroplane.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allantat

Greetings from Fresno,Ca. Nice to be amongst such great company!
Some background info. I got my private pilot ticket in the 70's and after taking all my friends for a ride realized this is one EXPENSIVE hobby. I also realized I didn't really want to fly from point A to B. I just liked being in the air. I'd always seen the Bensen Gyro ads in Popular Mechanics so after sending my $5.00 for the info kit I was hooked. I've built 3 Bensen,s and was also the test pilot for the Bumble Bee gyro plane designed by Martin Hollman. The Bumble Bee was the 1st ultralight gyroplane. It has since morphed into several other Bee variations. I added a rotorcraft endorsement to my Private ticket in the 80's and have accumulated several hundred hours of rotary winged flight. Why gyroplanes? They don't STALL...... they don't SPIN. 2 MAJOR problems eliminated! Storing the aircraft at home eliminates hanger fees!

My last flight in a gyroplane was in '84 when we took the Bumble Bee from Calif to Oshkosh to debut the world's 1st Ultralight Gyroplane. I haven't flown since and have missed it! In March of this year started construction of the Monarch Butterfly gyroplane. It's powered by a Rotax 582 and has the optional GFORCE landing gear. GForce gear allows 25' Stop and Drop landings. Video here. http://www.thebutterflyllc.com/gforce_lg/gforce_lg.htm

I'm single and work for Clear Channel Communications as the the Morning Show Host for Smooth Jazz http://www.kezl967.com/main.html 96.7 . On the air at 5:30am but my day is done at 9 am leaving plenty of time for building.

Looking forward to being back in the air again!

Last edited:
Back