• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Cri Cri

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marine Wing

Greetings fellow aviators,

I am about to begin construction on the Cri Cri, the worlds smallest twin engine aircraft. As a high school US History teacher my operating capital is extremely limited. For years I have struggled over the cost of purchasing an aircraft and I have always thought that even an old Cessna 150 (1959 model) might be affordable but after much research, I have found that most 150's I've come across are priced so high that an average salary earner such as myself could never afford one. Not to mention the cost of insurance! I began to think about how a 150 is nothing more than aluminum , cables, and the most expensive parts being the power plant and avionics. I was convinced that there had to be a homebuilt plane that could be constructed for under $10,000. The Cri Cri offers that. So that's what I am about to do. Any advice on any aspect of building this craft would be greatly appreciated.

Back