• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Spitfire in Texas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Mears

I've been watching this site for quite some time, but not being much of a computer whiz, I havent introduced my self to the group yet. I felt good just finding this site! I live in lubbock Texas and I'm building my first airplane. Its the Supermarine Spitfire. Kind of a large project for a newbie, but so far...so good. I've restored several old cars and just wanted a new challenge. Well, I got it! The kit is superb in its manufacturing and much of the tedious work is done for you. The manual lacks a little for someone thats never built a plane, but the online help is great. I'm hoping it will be ready to fly at the end of 2006. I only work on it after work and on Sundays so its somewhat slow going.
I have someone doing a web page for me and it can be seen at
mears-spitfire.tripod.com
Right now its one of only two of these in the USA, but I'm sure there will be plenty more popping up soon. If your in the area feel free to stop by for a look.
Regards
Bob Mears

Back