• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Mustang II builder here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John

Hi everyone. I live in the middle Tennessee area just south of Nashville.
I just past the 1000 hour mark in the construction of my Bushby Mustang II project. Although I really look forward to the end result, I've turned the whole building project into a hobby. Most enjoyable. I just finished fitting the remaining fuselage skins and I'm preparing for the final riveting session that will take this project out of the jig and onto the gear for the first time. The empennage is complete and I'll be starting the wings next. I have a Lycoming IO-320-B1A , 0-smoh waiting on the stand. I attend AirVenture every year and do most of my shopping there.
Unrolling those long sheets of aluminum when I get home is like spreading banquet before me. I've worked as a tool and die maker and tool designer for almost 30 years. I've been a private pilot for only five though. Before flying, I built and raced inboard hydroplanes for over fifteen years. Before that I was a skydiver. As you may imagine, I'm a bit of an adrennalin junkie. Looking forward to doing some "hangar flying" here on the list.

Back