+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: goldwing ultralight?

goldwing ultralight?

hi im new and was wondering if anyone had build pics of the gold wing ultralight?

Re: goldwing ultralight?

oh and here are some pics and a videoUltralight - YouTube Goldwing ultralight aircraft, - YouTube

please someone take me seriously

Taking you seriously is one thing, having the information you desire is quite another.
    I can see that you are serious but I don't have pictures or any info on the build process.
    Paul

If you are not aware, there is an old thread on the Goldwing here.

Goldwing Ultralight - AviationBanter

Someone there may have build details

Quote Originally Posted by pepper32 View Post
    please someone take me seriously
    I think people are taking you seriously. A Goldwing ultralight is a ~30 y/o design. There wasn't a lot of them built. I doubt any have been built in recent yrs. I saw Craig Catto fly the original Goldwing at OSH and was surprised when I saw this thread thinking "Wow! Someone remembers those?" I think the you tube vids are the best place to start gathering info.

Hmm.... i looked up Goldwing Ultralights at the Yahoo Groups Forum and came up with nothing. Maybe you should start a yahoo group for it. People might be lurking around about it and you could start something that people would like. You never know!

http://groups.yahoo.com/start
    Skeeter_ca
    aka. Darrell W.
    President - Volmer Club of America

A goal without a plan is just a dream (Bill Husa, Orion)

I strive to have my plane i'm building look as good as my avatar, which is Dan Dubois's fine example.

thank you for all your answers, sorry about being a bit short. and i realize that this is a fairly unknown subject, knowing that there were not many made and the kits that were manufactured were only made for a few years, 30 years ago. but anyway, i will keep looking into this design, and others

Why are you interested in the Goldwing specifically? If you have one or can get one cheap that's one thing, but otherwise there are a lot of other less obscure designs that have stood the test of time better, with more of a current community for support.

-Dana

"...they want you to send your money to the Lord, but they give you their address..." --Hank Williams, Jr.

i dont know, do you have any other designs in mind? that have stood the test of time, as you had said?

ive also seen the "birdmanTL-1A"? ive only seen one demonstration of this craft, but it looks, interestingBirdman TL-1A - YouTube

The Birdman was another of the early designs that almost nobody flies any more... it was rather fragile.

The problem with a lot of the very early ultralights was that they flew so slowly. This had appeal, as they could be very simple and easy to fly, but most pilots quickly outgrew the weather limitations and got bored with 30 minute flights around the airport in the calm of sunrise or sunset. But for the ultimate low and slow flying, look at powered paragliders (PPG). What you lose in flight performance you make up in their portability.

-Dana

When one fails to recognize Reality. it rarely returns the favor.

If you're looking to build, then the Mariah or the Cloudster are two that can be built from plans. If you're just looking to fly, then setting a price range and searching Barnstormers for a Kolb, CGS Hawk, Challenger, etc. might be a better idea.

What is it that you really want?
    Last edited by etterre; September 27th, 2011 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Forgot the important question :)
    Roy Etter

Quote Originally Posted by pepper32 View Post
    i dont know, do you have any other designs in mind? that have stood the test of time, as you had said?
    There is the Pterodactyl if you want a canard. I seem to remember it being back in production a few years ago.

The Pterodactyl Hangar - Dac Kits and Support
    Conventional wisdom and practices yield conventional results. If that is good enough for you:
    Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Why are you interested in the Goldwing specifically? If you have one or can get one cheap that's one thing, but otherwise there are a lot of other less obscure designs that have stood the test of time better, with more of a current community for support.

-Dana

"...they want you to send your money to the Lord, but they give you their address..." --Hank Williams, Jr.

I've never seen this airplane before. When I saw the picture, I thought it looked kind of cool. Easy to build (maybe) but lots of fun just for flitting around in.

Marshall Alexander

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast