• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

CH 750 Cruzer Build Log

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne

Hey folks,
Well Dad and I have decided on a project, and work is underway! This thread will document a Zenith 750 Cruzer build. We completed the rudder at the Zenith Factory build session back in May 2014, and have just ordered and received the tail-kit. The Tail-Kit includes the horizontal stabilizer, elevator, trim surface, and electric trim servo.

The Zenith Cruzer is match hole drilled, and many of the holes look to be final size so far. As such this airplane is more of an assembly project so has a much lower skill requirement than the plans built kits a lot of you are working on.

About me: I grew up in the UK, moved to the Chicago, USA area in 1990 and am a newly minted Private Pilot. I have no prior aircraft building experience, but loads of model airplane building and recently completed a V8 conversion of a 1958 Triumph TR3. You can see it here on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYk4eFVzY9I

I am fortunate to be the President of the local EAA Chapter so have access to some amazing local help, and of course everyone here on Homebuild Airplanes.

Wayne

Back