• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

U/L Fuel Tank

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mstull

R.I.P.
I found this plastic fuel tank from a Baldor generator, that is easy to mount on two rails. The generator specifications say the tank holds 4.6 gallons. But it measures out at exactly 5.0 gallons. Virtually all of it is usable. This is the most ideal U/L fuel tank I've ever seen. Note the low price. Here's the part numbers to order:

TA0000B97SP Fuel tank $36
TA0002A03SP Vented cap without gauge $10
TA0002A04SP Vented cap with gauge $18
Figure about $18 for ground shipping.

It is light weight, about 1.5' long, 1' wide, and 6.4" tall. It looks nice enough to be mounted externally. It comes with a standard, rubber, drain grommet, and the best petcock I've ever seen. The all metal, needle valve type petcock takes a few turns of the small, metal knob to operate.

The drain hole and filler cap are both near the same end of the tank. So it works out best to mount this tank transversely. The gas cap has a neoprene gasket, and takes 1.1 turns to open.

Unfortunately, Baldor doesn't have an on-line store or parts warehouse. Use their support page to find the nearest authorized repair shop:
Motor Service Centers: Baldor Electric Company, a leader in energy efficient electric motors, linear motors and adjustable speed drives industry There's one in most every little town.

The tank is made by Scepter - About Scepter in Canada. But it's not listed in their web site. They must make it special for Baldor.

In case there's any newbies reading this... You should remove the finger strainer from the petcock. Use an inline, see-through filter instead. The idea is that you can't see when a finger strainer gets clogged with dirt.

Attachments

• Tank.jpg
    Tank.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 238
  • Tank1.jpg
    Tank1.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 295
  • Tank2.jpg
    Tank2.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 400
Back