+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Afford-a-plane

Afford-a-plane

I bought plans for an Afford-A-Plane but did not recieve the plans? Has this happened to anyone else. Countless e-mails, yet none returned. I bought them from www.affordaplane.com.

Thanks in advance,
    Builderboy17

Re: Afford-a-plane

Anyone out there?

paid for my plans over 2 years ago as I recall it took 2 weeks, it may have been while fun in the sun was going on, got 'em read'em loaded my pass code to builders area. put everything in envelope till I gave it away last winter.
    reguards , tom gahan

Hi Builderboy!

I am in the process of building an Afford-A-Plane. I have the fuselage on the gear and the tailfeathers are almost covered. I have the plans on my computer and if I can figure out how to get them on disc (they're password protected), I'd be glad to send them to you since Edwards doesn't seem to give a rat's butt about his business dealings. Also, there is a group on Yahoo, Cheap Aircraft, that is invaluable for help. There are lots of photos of what others have done with their A-Planes. Drop me an e-mail at n427c@gte,net and we'll see what we can come up with. This is such a neat dsign and it's a shame to see it wither because the guy that put it out decided he didn't want to fool with it any more.

Jim

Yowza... nice find. I'm off to see what else I can find out about the flitplane

Stuff I found:

eaa member built one: http://www.eaa897.org/Brian%20Lerwick%20Flitplane.htm
    they have kits and RTF here (?): http://www.wingsoffreedomaviation.com/index.htm
    BRS available: http://www.sportpilotpitstop.net/pages/brs.html

Print:
    EAA Experimenter: Jan 1998
    Ultralight Flying Magazine: Jan 1998

I don't have either of those articles, I'd like to read them though.
    Last edited by smoore; September 30th, 2007 at 01:40 PM. Reason: add stuff I found

I Ordered on sunday got them tuesday. Not enough pics, although percise manual. It seems there are some points missing and the website isn't alot of help. Does anyone know of a forum devoted to this plane? The on site builders section isn't a forum really, just info. If you want to enter, the "w" and the "E" are integral parts of any plane, I didn't say that!!!!

I jst saw the earlier post about yahoo. I'll check there too. Maybe I'll have to start my own forum about this plane.?
    Last edited by xj35s; December 9th, 2007 at 09:58 AM.

Last edited by George Sychrovsky; December 9th, 2007 at 12:21 PM.

I too, paid for plans and did not receive them. Emailed several times with no reply. They had no problem taking my money! This all took place about 18 months ago. Finally gave up and told myself I learnt a $75.00 lesson.

I'll help you out. you'll find what you need here http://www.geocities.com/earlfderby/xj35s.html go to the top secret link. it will take you to a .rar file to download. winzip or winrar will open it. it's about 4.1 mb file.Please do not post this elsewhere. I'm doing it for you here and it won't be up for long. thanks.

How did you lose $75? The plans are $24.95.
    Last edited by xj35s; December 9th, 2007 at 01:23 PM.

I looked up the receipt email from Afford-a plane and the cost of printed plans are $70.00. I maybe should have opted for the download plans.

+ Reply to Thread