• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Powered parachutes anyone? Your comments wanted!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VFR-on-top

If you're a fixed wing guy/gal and have flown a powered parachute (Part 103 or not), post your thoughts, good or bad. Thrilling? Boring?

If you're PPC fan, go ahead and comment, too.

I've never flown in a non-fixed wing aircraft and am open to what you think. Obviously I have to go on a ride myself, but until then, I'm curious.

I'm seeing this as a low-cost way for a new SPL holder to enjoy flying and rack up solo hours while building a fixed-wing. Plus, airport set-up time is less than a Kolb. Likewise is the cost to store the aircraft (in a hanger or at home).

BTW, I'm almost done with the Powered Parachute Bible by George Begue (great writer -- I don't know if he's still alive but he ought to do one for fixed wing) and its chock full of information that'll help anyone working towards a SPL. Just the Rotax information was fairly indepth and was easily explained in way I hadn't seen elsewhere.

So, powered parachutes, what say you?

Back