• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

How much do wings weigh??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bsky

I'm looking at a wing that juts out 12.5ft from the side of the plane. Not decided if its cantilever or braced yet. If it is braced, the brace will attach to wing only 3.5 ft from the fuselage leaving a full 9 ft hanging out there. 4.6ft wide. gross weight plane 580lbs. Trying for 6G max load. Looking for thickness/camber of around 6 to 7 inches. What is a reasonable weight for the wing including everything but the skin and it is

(1) full cantilever
(2) braced as described above???

I don't want to bias any answers with my calculations, but how about 20lbs? 25lbs? 30lbs?
How much does a wing on an ultralight weight per liner foot (without skin) in general? 2lbs/ft 3lbs/ft?

Back