• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Swallow B project (I think anyway)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Epdagger

Hey guys, I'm new to U/L's but nearly halfway through my PPL. I recently purchased what I believe to have been a really good deal on an old trike U/L ($250). I have been looking all over for info but so far it has been nonexistent. I am about 80% sure that it is an old swallow with a Kawasaki 440. I will post some pics tomorrow. I have not figured out exactly how the wings attach and where all the cables attach that support them. As far as I can tell the only missing part is a u shaped support bracket.

The wings, rudder, and elevator all have to be recovered. I am planning to replace all the bolts with stainless, and will be replacing all the cables, housings, and connectors. The engine is free and has good compression but I'm gonna do an overhaul anyway just so I know for myself what kind of shape it's in.

Does anyone out there have any pics or info on the swallows that I can use to make sure I get everything attached correctly?

Where is the best place to get parts for both the plane and the engine?

Thanks
Elkan

Back