• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

AvMap EKP-IIIC GPS and Comtronics Intercom Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluemax

I purchased a PPC and have a couple questions about 2 of the instruments. It has a AvMap EKP-IIIC GPS with a North America chip that was last updated in August of 2007. I contacted AvMap but they said they don't support that GPS any longer. I asked if I could get a K-5 region chip (upper Midwest including MI.) and they said no. Since these units are still being sold for boats (about $1700) it seems like they could make up a K-5 chip for me with the last data that was available when they ceased supporting it, but the tech seemed to want me to go away. My question is does anyone out there have a K-5 chip that they no longer use or can direct me to someone that could help me.
The other question is on the Comtronics intercom. It uses a single 1/4" 3-conducor plug( It looks like a stereo headset plug). I purchased 2 Comtronics helmets and would like to purchase a used David Clark headset for occasional usage when I take other people up in the PPC . Do they make a plug or adaptor that fits the headset and intercom ? Hopefully something that I could get from Radio Shack. Thanks for any help.

Back