• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

High Flyin'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StRaNgEdAyS

One of my long standing dreams is to produce a line of ultra high performance light jet aircraft. So on days where I just wanted to sink my head into something that was stricly flying high, and somewhere way past where I will be in the next 5 yrs, I pulled out some old drawings and stuff and played around with it a little.
If I was to enter into any venture like this, unless I win BIG on the lotto, or sue someone really rich, it will have to be for commercial profit. I'm just too darned broke to afford it otherwise :wail: So, for those who always wanted to fly fast jets but didn't want to serve military time, (yeah I'll admit it, I'm a fighter pilot wannabe :p: ) they would be as closely representative of combat jet aircraft as possible.
So when I wanted to do something to stretch my goals a little I sat down and redrew combat jets smaller.
Now armed with my present knowledge of the problems and pitfalls of such an exercise, I have approached this in an entirely new light, and for the first time in quite a long time, I sat down and started to work on one of them.
So far, I have collected sketches, drawings and specs of Phantoms (F4's not the F1's), Sabres and F18s. I'd LOVE to have a Viggen in the collection, but I haven't been able track down any good drawings yet. :(
Who knows, one day I might actually be able to build one, but for now, it's a means of relaxing and playing with new ideas I don't want to commit to my current design.
This Idea was for a replica F18, I've redrawn the cockpit area to fit, the length is now about 7 1/2 M (24') I think I have to get it a little wider, for both pilot comfort, and I don't think I can get a pair of suitable sized
jet engines into there as it is. The lifting surfaces are yet to be decided upon, because I want to try to retain as much of the original configuration as possible.
I'm also looking into the possibility of ducted fans, but I've always had a thing for jet planes, and it's like almost impossible to get a really nice looking good performing light jet, so I thought I'd better make some!
:gig:

Back