• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Cheaper Aircraft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skier

I was wondering if people could add to my list of what I've found that look like some of the cheaper homebuilt options (excluding ultralights) that fit into the LSA category. I'm looking mainly for planes that can be built for under $20,000. Under $15,000 would be ideal. What am I missing on my list?

Single Seat:

BK-1 ------------------- Bruce King BK1.0 Home Page
Hummel Bird --------- Hummel Aviation - Bryan, Ohio
Volksplane ----------- Evans Aircraft: VP1 Volksplane plans - VW powered aircraft you build!
PIK-26 ---------------- Wolfgang Masurat D-EPIC PIK-26 Mini Sytky Homebuilt Aircraft
Corby Starlet -------- Welcome to the Corby Starlet Website
FlyBaby --------------- The Fly Baby Home Page
Thatcher CX-4 ------- Welcome to the home of the Thatcher CX4
Taylor Monoplane -- The unofficial Taylor Monoplane Homepage
Osprey X-28 --------- Osprey Aircraft/ GP-4
MiniMax --------------- JDT Mini-MAX -- Ultralight and Light Sport/Experimental Airplane Kits, Build and Fly Your Own Aircraft from Affordable Kits and Accessories
Fisher ----------------- Fisher Flying Products - Producing Classic Aircraft Kits
Micro Mong ----------- http://www.greenskyadventures.com/micro_mong_home.htm
Baby Lakes ---------- Baby Great Lakes Pilot Report and Photography
Pober Pixie ----------- Pober Pixie by Acro Sport Inc.
Teenie Two ---------- MiniCoupe & Teenie Pics
Minicoupe ------------ MiniCoupe & Teenie Pics
AcroSport------------- Acrosport from Aircraft Spruce
Acrolite --------------- Home Page
Baby Ace ------------- Ace Aircraft, Inc.: Corben Baby Ace & Corben Junior Ace
Titan Tornado ------- Titan Aircraft.com: Welcome to Titan Aircraft

Obviously the Volksplane is one of the cheapest, but if we take a step up from that where does it put us?

I know that "cheap" and "flying" don't belong together. I also realize that this question has been asked many times before. It seems like the answer usually lead to the volksplane. Does anyone have opinions on any of these aircraft?

Latest posts

Back