• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Police, jet engines and noise.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StRaNgEdAyS

As some of you will know, I am planning to build using a pulsejet engine.
I have touched on the subject that they are loud a couple of times, but in my research to find ways of extending the valve life and other possile improvements to the design, I came across somthing that puts it brilliantly.
Jet engines are very loud. Rocket engines are deafeningly loud. Pulsejets of the same thrust levels of similar rocket engines redefine loud. They are painfully loud. Even very small pulsejets. Certainly, if you have noisy neighbours who won't shut up, get yourself a pulsejet and fire it up. If the noise doesn't permanently shut them up, the flames from the exhaust probably will.
Taken from UK Rocketman site

The first time I ever fired one of these up at home I even had the police come around to check it out! 3 cars loads! :whistle:
Of course now I live in a smaller town, with only 2 policemen..... I have yet to introduce them to the noise these things make..:gig:

Last edited:
Back