• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Too much information

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonL

As Will Rogers once said

" it's better to be thought a fool, than to speak up and remove all doubt"

With that being said, i have a lot of things i would like to discuss in the near future, however, after seeing a lot of information and links about what some members are doing and being involved in, i have a humbled feeling about just what my thoughts and experiences are really worth.

As most times happens, i find that after having what i think is a really breakthru idea, if the search goes on, someone has already covered it with a patent, most go back to the early 1900's, when everybody flew by the seat of their pants. My how times have changed.

One example of this is, that i have never seen an application of an electric motor being mounted in such fashion as to have both, armature and the field housing operating in free rotation counter to each other, this idea has been in my mind for some time, and i have even made a small experimental setup, where the two rotating halves were turning small flywheels in opposite directions, the motor splitting power between the two, rpm's being controlled by load on each unit, all excited that i had a new and simple, yet unthought of idea, i went into a state of mind (as my says) all amped up, then i found this "google/patents.com" site, which really makes patent searching easy, and low and behold there was a patent issued in 1945 for this very idea, being used in torpedos.

A question that i would like to ask is, being as there are a lot of people actually working hard at making a living in the avaitaion business, and at the same time participating on this forum, and sharing much of their knowledge with us, what are some opinions of how, not to be disrespectful or inconsiderate, in what we say or ask ?

As an example, i'm sure many reading these post are aware of the "PAV CHALLENGE" program, (i recently found this on the internet, and am in love with the ideas they are promoting), is there a way to become involved with a person or group that is in the process of being involved in the event.

A concept being worked on at present, is using air movment during flight to help balance, power generated with power being used. Based on some of my studies and observations there are a number of ways to recover some lost energies when a plane is at a cruise speed. If these thoughts can be proven, then a plane would only need to store and supply energy equal to what is needed for takeoff and climb to altitude.

Not wanting to give up too much of my thinking, that might have a speck of value, i'm still looking for a time and place to share what i can in a way that might be worthwhile to any involved.

Pro's and con's please, anyone!

RonL

Back