• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Pets and Planes dont mix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

don january

Got up early this morning hearing a dog bark down the street and got to thinking of planes and dogs and what can be done to have that dog hold the noise down. memory came back of a sad morning when we went to get the spray plane ready for the days work. The farmer we kept the plane tied down at had a dog that would not stay away from the plane every time we fired it up. One of my first jobs was to get the dog into the house or on the chain. This one morning I hooked the dog up and was getting the truck ready and the Agwagon fired up and after about 1 min. the engine shut down and I walked over from around the barn and there he was laying on the ground infront of the prop, Yes the poor animal lost its whole face, I must say my dad was mad and hurt at the same time. I was incharge of getting the dog safe, and I did. but he got off his chain and well, you get the picture. The farmers family was saddened but not blame full, I had to take the animal out and do the right thing. after thinking of the past the now moment of the dog barking down the street did'nt seem to bother me as much. Then a mower fired up down the road and (wow) what a flash back! Thats wy planes and pets dont mix, IMO. DJ

Back