+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Affordaplane Plans

Affordaplane Plans

Anyone thinking of building the Affordaplane A-plane read up!! I've just been to the affordaplane website and saw that on the orders page, they've announced that they will soon stop selling A-plane plans as they've contracted with a company in India (ofall places) to start producing kits. So hurry up and get your plans while you still can. Pass this on!

they've announced that they will soon stop selling A-plane plans as
    Prolly 'cuase they cant afford to sell them here anymore
    Jim

------------------------------------------------
    Express 2000FT (hopeful - Again)

I dont see this information anywhere on the site.

Can you provide a URL?

Thanks.
    I am not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Buck, Flash or Arthur frelling Dent. Im Dorothy Gale from Kansas. -
    Cmdr. John Crichton "Farscape"

It was on the affordaplane website, but that info has since been removed. Does it mean that Dave changed his mind, or did he mean to keep the announcement on the site for just a short time? I dunno, but I decided to not wait to find out if it really happens. So I went ahead and ordered my plans. Better safe than sorry, knowwhatimean? ;-)

Yep,

I e-mailed Dave on a few questions,
    and let him know I'm planning on ordering some plans in the next couple weeks.

I'll see what he says.
    I am not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Buck, Flash or Arthur frelling Dent. Im Dorothy Gale from Kansas. -
    Cmdr. John Crichton "Farscape"

Re: Affordaplane Plans

AND 3 YEARS LATER WERE STILL WATING .
    oK SO WHATS THE DEAL WITH AFFORD "da" PLANE
    Been some harsh stuff said about 'em , Haven;t seen any U tube of one in the air , but the site is still up and with a pay pal button ready to gobble up your cash . strange

Looks like a neat little airplane, but have also heard reports of people sending their money, and not getting their plans. For a plane that's been around since 2001, you would eventually think somebody would have footage of one of these in the air. Even on youtube, you only have simulations of this plane. Something doesn't seem quite right here.

wj

There are also reports, Wrongway, that those that built were underwhelmed with performance, etc. I did get the plans, though. We can talk off-list if you'd like.
    Percy in NM, USA

I found the fastest way to get plans from Dave was to chose the "electronic" form of the plans and then have them printed out at your local copy place. But that way still took about 2 weeks for him to email me the plans..
    ----- _!_-----
    ____(0)____
    ---------------
    Ridge runner II (Totaled, but I survived)
    KR-1 (Building)
    http://websites.expercraft.com/firstscout

Just downloaded Affordaplane plans for $10.95. I have built boats and steam engines from plans for years, so I am pretty sure that I can figure everything out...eventually. I have seen an Affordaplane in action and it works as advertised. The specimen I saw had a Rotax 503, and performed well. Sort of doubt that it was actually weight compliant.

I ordered plans from dave and got them in about two hours via e-mail. downloaded and printed out on my printer. about hundred pages, and plans for two standard ultra lights( I think) I did not print them, I have also downloaded a correction page and up grade pages off the websight. Dave or whoever was straight up with me.
    I don't know anybody who has one of his ships, but there is on for sail on barnstormers. Looks interesting to me and I think that it will be like any plans built ship, a certain amount of tweeking will be done to the finished ship for perfection. I do like the metal spar up grade, I have a minicoupe that will fly next summer. the affordaplane is second on the list

I ordered the electronic version of the plans - day 2 and still waiting...

I downloaded the plans off the websight and got them immediately. My concern is that so many people have so many differing opinions about it. Have heard it described as everything from a great little plane to a killing machine. Hard to believe that the same plane can have such differing descriptions. Also I am 6-5; does anybody know if the Aplane will work for someone my height?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobb View Post
    I downloaded the plans off the websight and got them immediately. My concern is that so many people have so many differing opinions about it. Have heard it described as everything from a great little plane to a killing machine. Hard to believe that the same plane can have such differing descriptions. Also I am 6-5; does anybody know if the Aplane will work for someone my height?

I have also downloaded the plans and starting to build it. I hope that I do it the right way, currently only examining the documents. I would say that using some brains will help in building. I personally think that the knowledge of Aerodynamics and Aeronautics is a 100% must before starting building these things.

Lets hope for the best.

Congrats on beginning your project, safiullahtariq! Post some pictures as you progress - would love to see it!
    "If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them." - Henry James Thoreau

Design Project: Conceptual Design of an "Inexpensive" Single-Seat Motorglider
    Discussion Thread for the Project: Discussion: Conceptual Design of an "Inexpensive" Single-Seat Motorglider

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast