Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Dreamer or scam...

Re: Dreamer or scam...

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what is your relationship to this story, and how do you come by this information?

[QUOTE=Topaz;137493]Just out of curiosity, what is your relationship to this story, and how do you come by this information?[/QUOTE

I feel i should mention I have supporting documentation regarding my presently familiar Orion design going back to my initiation and design of the craft beginning in the Spring of 2002. As for the Velocity project whereby we restyled, reconfigured , rescued and retooled for the XL, this was done in 1996. As to relationships, this exercise predated "ABE"s involvement and awareness of Velocity by well over a decade,probably predating his experiencing puberty and his first legitimate " Wet Dream". Forgive my lack of resistance to emotional retort. My claim to all the designs on my website and the styling imparted and evident in the beautiful XL is beyond reproach. The " owner" of V-Raptor Aircraft ( of which there are two including myself who created the object that brought about the need for that corporate entity) referred to by "ABE" is a guy ( one of five different Velocity owners to include the Owners of Velocity who were interested in partnering and I met with all of them) who I invited to partner to bring the aircraft to market. He was not even aware the design existed until I showed him the Drawing for the aircraft. He was merely a capital partner and in no way remotely responsible for any of the design work in any of my various exhibited designs. He is a Ukranian Arms dealer who purchased a Velocity Kit and I taught his unemployed friends how to construct the aircraft for him. This occurred while i was involved at Velocity a few years ago , brought in to head up the production of aircraft for the Rocket Racing Program which never came to fruition. I will try to provide a mental picture of the" finished " Velocity XL plug as follows. Amongst many things , the most noteworthy were as follows, the nose was four inches higher than it appears now( looked very much like a Baleen Whale or Pelican), the cowling as created by the aforementioned Velocity builder looked like King Kong stepped on a 55 gallon drum( one humongous oval opening with the prop spinner in the middlle, the windshield had a very bluff angle and 8 to 10 inch wide flat spot in the middle as a result of the method employed in widening the pieced together parts of a cut up Standard fuselage shell, the plug was created in two pieces , upper and lower, and were almost two inches different in width as well as non conforming contour, a 10 inches stretch was inserted between the aft door parting line and the rear window and resulted in a Flat spot in the profile both top and bottom,I could go on and on. We created the new swoopier round windshield line in both side and top view, the signature dual cooling outlets flanking the faired in spinner on the cowling, the reworked profile appearance, raised the deck forward of the windshield to remove the somewhat "Broken Back " look of the nose of the small Velocity, etc,etc,etc. I challenge Scott Swing , whom I once considered a great friend ,to deny all these references. I count amongst the witnesses in this exercise , one Dan Maher, the original designer of the Velocity, a good friend and fellow creator, also Wayne Lanza, owner of Composite design , which manufactures terrific electrical products for the homebuilt world, Wayne is the individual who recommended and prompted the Swings to engage my services to rescue the program. I am a relatively skilled and gifted designer and fabricator, "ABE" is also a fabricator, but his "Fabrications" are far removed from creating aircraft and devious to say the least. I truly appreciate the ability to set the record straight and had no intention for the group to burdened with such malicious behavior. Forums such as these are intended to be constructive , educational , and positive. But I am compelled and have been instilled by my late Father( whom "ABE" never even met) to be honest, creative,driven to accept a challenge and if fairly beaten give credit where credit is due! Too bad more peoople didn't have fathers successful in producing these attributes. My Father always said " the World would be a wonderful place were it not for all the humans on board" , a little heavy in generalization but unfortunately all too appropriate in these times. I was taught to be a creator and achiever, not a thief and deceiver. I stand confident and proud in the accomplishments I have achieved in the competitive world of high performance aeromodeling, being a world class pylon racer and competitor in other venues, but also proud of my involvement and contribution to the full scale homebuilt arena as well. I can say without reservation, that I have the awards,accolades,respect of other fellow competitors and creators,and documentation to validate any of my past activities, creations,and involvements. These have provided a solid foundation upon which to stand proudly, let the others demonstrate a similar ability. Our Culture has transgressed into one which possesses far too many inept and unqualified critics. I thank you all for your indulgement and patience and this Forum which so far has allowed me to present FACTS and not FABRICATIONS, and I invite again all of you to visit my personal website ( Jeff Kerlo experiemental aircraft concept developer and design visionary.Look!! It's an EZ, it's a Velocity, It's a Phoenix, it's a V-Raptor, it's a Volta Volare GT-4! NO, it's JEFF KERLO's ORION! Faster than a Speeding Bullet ?? Able to leap small c) which markets nothing commercially, but freely and at no cost to you presents Factual Truths and some nice aircraft designs.I hopefully will have no need or be prompted by malicious outside influence to belabor this issue further. Lets all be "CREATIVE" and invest our valuable time in our love for aircraft and their construction.

THANKS AGAIN,

Jeff K

Whilst lounging on the couch watching a movie, I thought up a humorous little challenge for "ABE" and others in their camp. Few of them , especially "ABE" probably know the resultant important piece of information required by anyone designing aircraft that is produced by the following equation.

Lift(lbs) divided by .5 ( p x V 2 or squared x S ). I will help them a little 1) Lift, this is what we should give to the spirit of all creators willing to invest themselves to better the world. 2) .5 could be someone's I.Q.. 3) p or rho, does not imply Caviar or fish eggs in any way. 4) V2, it really isnt a famous world war two German Rocket. 5) S , some would liken it to the sound of the hot air emanating from the mouths( or fingers) of one or more of this threads posters, to exclude myself and most of you other great people.

To those of you who know what I am referring to , I hope you found as much humor in this as I intended. Additionally I would like to point out the fact that I am not " Formally educated" in the art of Aeronautical engineering and aerodynamics, having been taught by my equally "uneducated" Father as well as by acquisition of this knowledge out of sheer drive and desire to acquire the requisite knowledge through research , knowledgeable friends, and a ton of successful design exercises in the modeling world and employ it in new, innovative, aesthetically pleasing and creative homebuilt aircraft. I also was fortunately blessed, be it genetically or intrinsically, with the ability to envision ,imagine, conceive and create Aesthetically pleasing and somewhat sexy forms in modern composite vehicles. I contend an Aircraft design is much like a beautiful Woman, curves rather than straight lines are definitely sexier and more stimulating for the eye and mind. NUFF SAID!!!!

Jeff

Isn't this something you can take off line this forum, move it to X26 and solve it there.
    Jan.

A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. Antoine de Saint-Exupery
    "Flight by machines heavier than air is unpractical and insignificant, if not utterly impossible." Simon Newcomb, 1902

As interesting as all this is, I think we have learned from other similar threads that there will be no end to this debate and it won't be solved here. One of those disputes better left for the courts. I'm going ahead and shutting this thread down. Sorry folks.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456