• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

any more info on this 1/2 vw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slociviccoupe

H & I Engineering introduces reduction drive for VW engine.

would be a lot better than a cut case version. Google doesn't come up with much searching for info.

if not anyone know some accurate dimensions of a vw case? like main widths in the block. main spacing, distance the cam is from the mains ( center to center), bore stagger, lifter location, spacing, ect almost anything that would aid me in drawing up an engine case.

with a little work on cad i could come up with a billet case design for a 1/2 vw, almost the same as what is pictured just made out of billet instead of cast. just don't have a type 1 case or anything infront of me to measure from.

I had this same idea using honda 13hp ohv cylinder heads, on a billet block and cylinders, with a cut in half automotive crankshaft. motor was 90mm bore X 77.4mm stroke. Its drawn and ready to machine till i found out the price for an oem honda ohv cylinder head. found out it wasn't afordable and there are already other engines out there for less. but would be cool to have an aircraft engine you could fix from a lawnmower repair shop and your local honda automotive dealer.

but any accurate info on the vw would be appreciated. after the case was done some billet half vw heads would be next to draw up. intake in the back with exhaust out the bottom with more cooling fins meant for aircraft use, and dual plugs.

:ban:

Back