• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

How many Subaru engined planes are flying here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WWhunter

Just a basic question. How many people posting here are flying behind (or in front of) a Subaru?

I am building a Murphy Rebel and have a "spare" Rebel that I purchased that has a Formula Power Subaru engine. I was looking at purchasing this engine at the time I found this plane. The engine at the time was priced at just under $15,000 and I was able to buy this damaged plane for a little less that that so I figured I was getting a better deal in the long run. This plane was damaged after 303 TT and my original plan was buying this damaged plane and putting the engine in the Rebel I was constructing but after getting this damaged plane home I realized it would be better to rebuild this plane instead of piece it out. Maybe I will just sell it as I have too many projects already. In the mean time I am wonder what kind of reliability, fuel burn, and satisfaction people have had with their Subaru engines.

Thanks,
WW

Back