• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Need help/advice. '64 Cessna 172 vs. '77 Cessna 172

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voyeurger

[FONT=&quot]Folks,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have my kit plane in the works. I'm buying a plane to train in. It's come down to two. Please advise which way you think I should go. Thanks a bunch.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Two planes, same price.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1977 Cessna 172N. 6650TT; 1180SMOH. PMA6000 audio with intercom, MX300 with gliseslope, 300 ADF, RT-359A with mode "C". Electronic EGT. Excellent paint. Good Interior, Complete Logs. No Damage History. June Annual. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exterior: Fresh $4000 strip and paint top of wings, fusalage, tail and all control surfaces.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Interior: Good front and rear windshield glass. New hinged side window glass. Lots of new plastic. [/FONT]
Misc: Steps and Handles. Atrictulating Pilot Seat. Dual "Y" sholder harness. Rosin Visors. Bagage Extension.
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
1964 CESSNA 4705-TT, 310 SMOH, IFR 12/15/07. Hangared. KX155 with VOR/Glideslope, Apollo Loran, GPS, EGT/Carb, Temp, 4-place intercom. Apollo audio panel. Fresh annual July 2010. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Engine Times:[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]310 SMOH Continental O-300-D[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Prop Times:[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]310 SPOH[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
AVIONICS[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]KX King 155 radio w/ King VOR/Glideslope
Apollo IIMorrow Loran
Garmin aircraft GPS (not panel mount)
Apollo SL ISM (audio panel)
Narco AT 150 TSO (transponder)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
OTHER EQUIPMENT[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]New Battery
New Fire Extinguisher
Ability to play IPOD or stereo / use cell phone through audio panel.
EGT Gauge
Carb Temp Gauge
Manual Flaps[/FONT]

Back